Friday, May 02, 2008

Unemployed: Day 1

On my walk to Jay's after the "morning" jog (Read: I woke up at 11 and went for a run.) I passed an elementary school. It was PE time. Standing around a giant brightly colored parachute stood about 25 tiny people and one teacher.



My question to you: Where can I get one of those things? That was hands down my most favorite thing to do in elementary school PE (wait, I really loved the scooter things too and crab soccer--crab soccer rocked). How wonderful would it be to play with that everyday while I'm not working?

2 comments:

Renee said...

Man oh man...Courtney is right. We are sort of the same person. I mean, I know probably every kid LOVED the parachute day in PE...but I seriously LOVED it. There was something magical about that day. And, lots of kids hated crab soccer...but it was one of my favorites. I think we should start an adult crab soccer league. Whatdya say? Too bad we're not in the same city. If I lived in Alameda and was unemployed, we could start our very own Day Club, Northern CA.

Amanda said...

I thought you still had to work a couple of weeks-wow you are already done. These parachutes are not hard to find--you can get them at Gymborees or order them--the big ones are $$$, but you can get a smaller one for not too much!