Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Comedy Night Done Right

Thursday night is the only good night of television. It is just a sad, hard fact. This has been the case for much of my life...with the exception of the TGIF of my youth--I so loved Full House. Anyway, I heart Thursday night television on NBC. I'm not affiliated with the stations, so this is a completely unbiased opinion about their Thursday night programming. It starts at 8 with My Name is Earl. Honestly, people say it is funny, but I've never gotten into it and therefore don't watch it. It's basically like a free 30 minutes to get ready for the next hour and a half. At 8:30 the fun begins. 30 Rock is so super fun. I heart Liz Lemmon. Seriously, if you don't watch this show, you should check it out online. I promise you will not be disappointed. Next, The Office. Yes, everyone loves the office and rightfully so. It is hilarious. So fun that Pam and Jim are dating. And finally, (after waiting an extra month for the season to start) Scrubs begins at 9:30. This is the last season of Scrubs. So, basically this means that after this year there will be no more perfect comedic Thursday evening. We must all therefore enjoy what we have now with all of our hearts.

Last Thursday night was perfect. The Bakers came over and we went to Romero & Sons. Best Taqueria in Alameda, so good!!! And enjoyed one and a half hours of comic bliss. Just look how happy we all are.

Whitney is always adorable:



Gnu is too cool to just pick it up and eat it like a man:



Courtney seems to be confessing her undying love for her burrito:



And me, using the burrito to mask the massive lip zit...such horror...such pain....several more pictures from the weekend coming up where I was unsuccessful at hiding the horror:

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Still the 10" tv... come on.. you need to learn how to entertain properly. Eventually, someone with a bigger tv and food just as good as yours will lure your friends away. Get a bigger tv or risk losing your friends forever!

Renee said...

You are right...Thursdays are by far the best night of TV. Just a few weeks ago, my roommate and I discovered 30 Rock. I decided to start tivo'ing most of the season premiers to see if I liked anything new. 30 Rock sat there like a...well...rock...for a long time until we finally started watching. Holy Crap! So funny!! We were so mad that no one ever told us how funny it was...until we learned that it won an emmy for best comedy last year...so apparently someone mentioned it. Anyway, so glad to be on the bandwagon now. The Office and Scrubs continue to be my faves, rounding out a perfect night of television. And...though it's not pure comedy...let's not forget to throw Grey's Anatomy onto the list (though I rarely actually watch it on Thursday) it's still fantastic TV.

courtney said...

Alisa, have you ever noticed that from the middle corner of the couch looking towards the front door our apartment looks quite lovely, but that from the middle corner of the couch looking towards the kitchen, our apartment looks cheap and crappy? How do we fix that?!

And Natalie--no one's food is as good as ours.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.