Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Finer Things

I moved to San Francisco (okay Berkeley) in January of 2006. Those of you familiar with the bay area know that winter is not like the Utah winters I was used to. I was looking forward to the snowless, mild winter. Unfortunately, I didn't get the memo on the rain. It rained the day I drove into the state thus causing the drive from Reno to Berkeley insanely long (6+ hours). And then I don't remember it the rain stopping until mid-April. What a glorious day it was when I first looked out over the bay from my office window. The sky was blue and the bay was covered in little white triangles. At that moment I knew that I had to meet myself a wealthy young gentleman that sailed.

Enter Dallas:


I guess I should say Captain Dallas. He got his Skipper license and we got to go sailing on the beautiful bay on a warm, sunny, breezeless day. It was fantastic--even without the breeze that propels the boat along.



Thus started the Alameda chapter of the Finer Things Club. Members are: Dallas (obviously-even though he technically isn't an Alamedan). Me:



Courtney:



and the Bakers: (If the batteries in my camera hadn't died I would have mine own pictures of the lovely couple. Instead you will have to settle for ones that I'm pretty sure I took--click on the link)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Good call on organizing your own "finer things club"... i'm dying!

Renee said...

I want in! I love to sail!

Amanda said...

I am excited to see what "finer" things you will be doing. Alisa--you sure have a lot of clubs out there. I was happy to have a new blog entry from you to read!

Shelle and Dan said...

I love the Finer Things Club (actually, I love anything Office-related)!
You have a lovely blog and I linked you on mine.
Glad you liked the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

my name is amy said...

alisa is never going to update her blog ever again.

Anonymous said...

except the title. brillant, topie. er, topol.