Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It rains 9 months out the year in Seattle

That's right, I learned that in Sleepless in Seattle. And it is true. Think about it like this: there are 12 months in a year and only 3 of those months are sunny or 1/4 of them are sunny. I was in Seattle for 4 days it was rainy for 3 of those 4 days or 1/4 of them were sunny. Awesome.

Good thing the one sunny day was the day I wondered around town. I had a half a day in the city and I was going to go see stuff. I went to the Space Needle.



I went to the market and saw the pretty trees in bloom.



I went to the sculpture park.




I went to the aquarium. These are blowfish. Bad picture, yes.



And I did not go to the Science Fiction Movie Museum even though the building looked cool. I knew that there was nothing in there worth $15 from me.



My first night there I went to dinner at the Pink Door. I wish I had taken a picture, but I didn't. I did, however, steal a pen from the restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious. I took it to go and ate back at the hotel, but next time I'm staying for the cabaret show.

The next night I got to go out to dinner with Jason Campbell--one of the funniest guys I know. It was pretty tasty.

I went to Olympia on the rainiest of days, that wasn't too fun, but it was very green and pretty. I had been craving fish and chips and made the horrible mistake of ordering fish and chips at the restaurant we went to by the state capital building. Yuck! A mistake I won't make next time.

All in all, I like Seattle and I'm super glad I get to go there more often for work. Hurray for traveling to fun places!

7 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Um...hello, how come my biggest stalker came here to my city and didn't even try to contact me?

alisa said...

oh cindy--the whole point of a stalker is to remain anonymous. i couldn't have blown my cover. plus, there's always next time.

leslaz said...

dude. I've heard that the Science Fiction Museum is awesome. My friend was in Seattle last weekend....and that's what he said.

Joe said...

And you came to Olympia and missed meeting Granteeny!

Joe said...

also, where did you eat?

alisa said...

are you serious? i could have met my most favorite artist of this generation? i really blew it.

i have no idea what the name of the restaurant was, but it was down by the falls.

Joe said...

You ate at the Falls Terrace. Not exceptional. Granteeny often walks down to the falls from his house. In fact, if you drove to the capital from the falls you passed right by casa granteeny.