Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I heart Luke!

Well, I have to say that French Dip Tuesday is a wonderful club to be in. Tonight Courtney and I went to Ole's and had French dip sandwiches. Side note: upon entering Ole's Waffle House I was quite sad about not being able to order waffles, but I was going to have to stay strong. So, Courtney and I both order our French dip and French fries (an added bonus).

While waiting for our sandwiches, we decided to play one of our favorite games 1-2-3. Those of you who are obsessed with Gilmore Girls like myself learned of this game after Rory and Dean first broke up. Sitting in our local diner in Alameda at a window booth set the scene for this game. For those of you who are oblivious to the game, I'll give you a quick rundown. You get three choices for your husband. The catch is you have to decide yes or no with each one. In other words, you can't compare 1 to 2 or 3. And if you say no to both 1 and 2, you automatically get 3. I was first. 1--adequate, but I knew I could do better so I said no. 2--old man postal worker, this was a definite no. Therefore, I automatically got lucky bachelor #3. A 50-some old chubby balding man. I'm sure he's nice and the two of us are going to be so happy.

Courtney's turn. 1--a very, very nerdy young man that walked with a slight slouch. Courtney said yes. Seriously. She wasn't even going to wait to see what options were out there for her. After witnessing my options she decided that age was a really important factor in her decision and she took the young guy. Watching him dine at Ole's really made her appreciate her decision. I'm pretty sure he even left a good tip. After watching #2 and #3 go by, she stuck by her decision. They were fine choices, but I really think there was a connection between Courtney and Mr. Nerdy McNerdison. I know they will be happy.

Shortly after that our sandwiches were ready. So delicious.



I hope you all enjoyed French dip sandwiches today. If not, you can always join us in June.

Now, I find it appropriate to be watching Gilmore Girls while blogging--especially because I had a Tuesday night Gilmore Girl experience playing 1-2-3 in the diner. Anyway, I do hope you all were able to witness the horror (by horror, I mean wonderful theatrical element) of Lorelai singing the Whitney Houston classic "I will always love you" to Luke at karaoke night. She started singing it to Rory but then Luke entered and blah blah blah...awesome! I hope I didn't ruin it for everyone--you must check it out.

I hope you all had a great French Dip Tuesday!

3 comments:

ewesa said...

yea! those french dip sandwiches look much better than the ones we ate, hope it was good!
I was watching GG season three last night! love that show. jess just went to CA to find his dad.

Natalie said...

Yum! Those fries look good. Maybe i should start a club. French Fries Fridays. Maybe it won't be the healthiest club, but it sure sounds like a winner to me!

kellie said...

I did have a good french dip Tuesday, I missed Gilmore Girls. I think 123 is the way you can meet your future hubby.