Monday, May 07, 2007

There's no place like home

On my way home from Seattle, I had a layover in Salt Lake City and decided that I should definitely spend the weekend with my family. Families are awesome.

Here's me and mom. We spent Saturday up in Park City shopping and eating. By spent Saturday, I mean, we woke up around 10, got ready and left around 12 for Park City. Bought a lot of clothes for the grandkids, got lunch, and then hit two more shops for new clothes and shoes. We were home by 3 and ready for a nap. I made my dad take us all to the new restaurant Pine. It was a good meat and potatoes place.



Here's me and Jeanette. Little sisters are so fun. I can still beat her up, easily.



And here's Mike.



True to form, I have no pictures of dad. He's like a ghost or something because we can never get a picture of him. I have no idea how Kellie was able to get one in North Carolina. It must have been the pistachio popsicle that distracted him long enough to snap a picture.

I then went to the Jazz game with Paul. Jazz games are usually a ton of fun. The Energy Solutions arena can get so loud and out-of-control. Plus, it was right before the play-offs and Phoenix was in town. (I totally have a crush on Nash--too bad about the stitches). Well, no offense to Paul, but the night was very underwhelming. The Jazz got totally schooled. It was the quietest I have heard the Delta center ever.

Well my weekend in Utah was awesome. Thanks for letting me come visit mom and dad. As always, I got to do free laundry and eat well!

7 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Oh my gosh, I know Mike! I also know Jason Campbell. Random!

Natalie said...

Hello? I get no mention in your visit to home? I mean, you did come down from the top row of the arena to come chat with me. That must have been the highlight of the game, right?

alisa said...

I also saw Natalie at the Jazz game. My original plan was to get bumped to a later flight on my layover to Seattle on Wednesday, but I failed and had to sneak down and see her at the Jazz game. There you go Natalie, are you happy now?

Cindy--I already knew you knew Jason, but do you really know Mike?

Natalie said...

thank you.

kellie said...

love the shirt you are wearing. Nothing like bonding with the family while shopping, sorry I missed it. Still no baby on my front, I feel like a turkey being roasted for a Thanksgiving feast.

kjjbaker said...

I was there and have the receipt to prove it.

Dad

leslaz said...

hahaha. I love all the commments. I love that your family leaves comments. That's so rad.

I updated my blog. step up lady.