Friday, February 29, 2008

Bag Tagging

Luckily one of the things in my bag was my camera so I took a picture. Unluckily, my handy little flash drive thingy isn't--I wonder where it is. Therefore, I'm going to have to remember to upload the picture later when I find it.

My dear friend Mackenzie bag tagged me. I have to expose the contents of my bag to the world.

Last week Courtney and I were grocery shopping. While at the store she needed to get into my bag for a pen or some other writing instrument and commented on the disgraceful situation that is my bag. I admit that I treat my bag like a portable garbage can. There's always random stuff in there and it takes a long time to get it cleaned out. Courtney's comments prompted one such clean up so there isn't anything too embarrassing in the bag today--which is surprising considering the fact that I traveled this week. Sorry dear readers. You'll have to tag me again in a couple of weeks, and I'm sure it will be full of trash.

Today's Contents:
1 book--I started reading this book a really long time ago on the commute. I don't really like it but haven't taken the time to find something else to read.
1 checkbook
1 pair of sunglasses
1 cell phone
1 binder clip
1 pack of gum with 9 pieces of gum in it--must be a new pack. I admit that I don't go through gum nearly as much as I used to before Whitney moved to Alameda, Gnu loves gum!
1 hair elastic
1 elastic headband thing that never really stays on that well because my hair is silky smooth
1 key--I don't know what it goes to. This may be the key my dad gave me last time I was home since they changed the locks. Must remember to test it out when I'm there.
1 frequent buyer card from Ralph's. I had to buy some stuff in LA and the lady made me take it even though I didn't want it.
1 camera memory card
my keys
1 chapstick
1 lip gloss
1 lip shimmer
1 cap to a lipstick liner--I've been looking for that
$4.54 in change in addition to the huge amount in the change pocket
3 tampons that have been in there for a really long time and should probably be thrown away
2 feathers--left over from the pillow fight
Piece of paper with grad school interview schedule and information
3 strands of stray hair--kind of disgusting but not as bad as Chris' fashions with human hair, still gagging
5 bobby pins
1 wallet
1 camera--obviously not pictured

I view tagging as a slightly elevated form of forward messages and only send on the absolutely most hilarious ones when it comes to forwards. Plus, Mackenzie tagged most of the ladies. Therefore, I tag you only if there is something scandalous in your bag right now...tell me what it is!

5 comments:

kellie said...

thanks for the info on the key, I was going through my bag and had the same question.

Renee said...

I have a pair of panties in my bag...no joke. And it's not because of some scandalous overnighter or plans for such. I thought about taking them out this morning as I rushed out the door but I left them there. And now I know why.

courtney said...

am i wrong, or did renee just leave us hanging about why those underpants were in there?

seriously, alisa, i can't believe your bag is always in that state of filthy chaos and that was the first time i've noticed. note to your readers: this list DOES NOT do it justice. the girl does not use pockets, it's just a huge puddle of guck hanging out at the bottom of a very pretty (and apparently sturdy) handbag.

Anonymous said...

Leave your condescending "elevated form of forward messages" comments to yourself, lady. (Or at least dont' rat me out if it really is so bad...)

alisa said...

this was a good tag mackenzie...i wouldn't have responded if i didn't like it.