Friday, February 29, 2008

For Posterity's Sake

To keep an accurate record of my life I include these two items. Again, no pictures because I'm still at work (shhhh...don't tell that I'm doing personal blogging during working hours) and don't have my USB port thing.

#1: Jeanette is having a baby girl. That brings the Baker family total to Girls: 12 and Boys: 8. Well done sisters. Her name is Allie Jean Zumwalt. I'm pretty sure that the Allie is short for Alisa. Therefore two of my nieces will be named after me: Allie and Rachel (her middle name is Joy). Actually, I asked Jeanette if Allie was going to be named after me and she said no, I don't believe her. ALIsa and ALLIE--you all see it right? Please also note the names of my nieces: Abbie, Annie, Elizabeth, Addie, Rachel, Allie. I hope the Fizz (that's Elizabeth) and Rachel don't get a complex. My first daughter will be named Aggie--I'm proud of my alma mater. No, that isn't an annoucement that I'm pregnant because I'm not.

#2: While waiting for my lunch, my friend Nancy looked at my shirt and asked what I got on it. I looked down knowing I hadn't spilled anything and there it was. Bird poop. Seriously. I was outside for 1/2 second. I have now been bird pooped on twice. The first was while running across the street. A bird pooped on my hand, and I ran to Whitney's house for soap and water. Now, I got pooped on walking to lunch. I scrubbed it off with a Clorox wipe. So nasty. I hate being pooped on. I'm not happy about it at all.

6 comments:

courtney said...

wow--this is a big day of work blogging (don't tell, but i did it too! first time, though). i wish the new baby's name was allie jean kumquat.

Amanda said...

Alisa-I am so glad that you feel proud to have not only one, but two of your neices named after you--however, I felt that I should correct you. Annie is not named after you. Her middle name is Elise. Rachel however is. Her middle name is Joy. Too many nieces to keep track of I guess.

alisa said...

oh my, how could i have forgotten rachel? only because i haven't met her yet...maybe you should ship her out to california.

Natalie said...

Everything is always about you, right?

I am glad that you got pooped on. It should bring you back to reality and remember, that we all get shit on every once and a while.

Lori said...

I HATE getting pooped on. I am not a Coprophiliac.I was once pooped on at the beach in Delaware. I was not happy.

That's great your nieces are named after you. My aren't, but my sister always accidentally calls her daughter Lori. Even when I'm not around. Funny.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.