Monday, August 04, 2008

I do not apologize

That's right! I'm not sorry that I've abandoned this little blog or my two readers. I have no excuses. I've just not blogged. That's it. Stuff has happened that I could easily share. More importantly, stuff is going to happen that I will have to share. Big stuff.

Where I've been:

So, since I last blogged I have learned to love the life of the unemployed. Seriously, why did I ever think having a job would be a good idea? The life of leisure is fantastic! FANTASTIC!! I highly recommend it to all if circumstance permits. Plus, the last 3 or 4 months haven't even been enough time to do all that I could have done as an unemployed menace to society. Just keep that in mind as you all plan future bouts of unemployment ahead of you. I forsee no more of this wonderful life in my future; and therefore, I mourn.

No, I haven't spent this non-blogging time mourning. I've spent it sleeping, watching Buffy, visiting family, visiting friends, hanging with the sticky and the noisy generation (neices and nephews), preparing for the move, touristing all around San Francisco and the beautiful bay area. I've lost all routine and structure, and I love it. I sleep as late as I want. I jog along the beach whenever I want. I go to movies in the middle of the day, by myself. I'm not restricted by deadlines and duties. Anyway, no one feels bad for me or my circumstance. They therefore cannot comprehend why I do not blog. No one realizes that this loss of structure is the reason that I have been unable to blog. Time? Yes, I've plenty of it. Routine? Gone. I don't even read the blogs of those I love anymore. Or the blogs that are funny and provide me with hours and hours of wild entertainment. These were where the ideas and the need to blog came from. Without them, there were no blog entries. Do you see, dear reader? I needed the structure in my life. I need you all and your blogs, your wit, your anecdotes to make mine happen. So there it is. I left the world of the weberspace and the blogosphere during my unemployment months because my world did not have blogs.

Where I'm going:

Now, I'm on the cusp of re-entering civility. I shall gain structure and deadlines and routine in my life. And with that, I plan on re-entering the blogging world. I've got adventures to tell you. At least, I hope I will have adventures to tell you.

I'm moving to New York City!! Yes, I'm trading in my relatively high rent and cost of living in the bay area to move to a closet in Union Square that's more rent and a greater cost of living. Everyone who reads this knows this already. Not a shocker, I get it. However, one (read: me) can hope that she has blog stalkers (read: not the creepy kind) out there who hadn't heard yet and may be interested. I fly out on the red eye on the 17th of August. Take my diagnostic tests on the 18th. Pre-term starts the 19th. And I'm officially a first year MBA student at New York University. A little Felicity-esque, I understand. However, I'm not following a track star out there, and I don't plan on falling in love with my RA.

I kind of feel like a grown up. You'd think the full-time job, benefits and a 401K plan would have made me feel like a grown up. But this is more grown up-y. Trust me on that one. New York is a big city. This equates to more grown up-ness. Don't ask me to explain it, it just works that way.

So, here it is. A boring return to the blogging world. No pictures. No jokes. And not a classic anecdote. I've missed you little blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

help me.

Amy said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. (Yes, you do have blog stalkers out here :) )

Anonymous said...

Good luck, have fun (how could you not) but beware of pickpockets & ticket scalpers. oh, and remember it's a dead giveaway that you haven't been in NYC long if you don't fold your pizza slices in half to eat them.

from,
another blog stalker
(we've actually met, & you don't think I'm scary, but I prefer to comment anonymously to protect the innocent...or something like that)

kellie said...

it is about time--welcome back to a life of routine. Sorry you couldn't remain unemployed for longer.

Renee said...

And we've missed you!! I don't officially consider myself a blog stalker, since I would officially consider us friends, since we have officially met and I've officially slept in your house and used your shower. However, you may consider me a stalker since I had NO IDEA that you were moving to NY and starting school. Perhaps that's because our link (aka CF) is officially a terrible passer oner of good news. Congratulations!! You are going to have a fabulous time!! And I can't wait to come visit you in your closet in NYC!!

Anonymous said...

1. Yay! So glad you're back.
2. I love the word 'cusp.' Thank you for reminding us all that such a great word exists and can be used freely.

Ang said...

YAY!!! Congrats Alisa! New York is lucky to get you.

Amanda said...

nice to have you back!