Saturday, February 10, 2007

Anonymous...really?

So, I'm still new at this blogging thing. I've yet to really get in my groove. However, I'm quickly learning how cool it is to get people to add comments to my blog. I like to be reassured that I'm really as funny or as clever as I think I am. Yes, the true fact is that no one finds me as clever as I find myself, but any encouragement helps!

Well, after bearing my soul and admitting that I'm not the best blogger and that I'm still learning, "anonymous" adds this comment to my blog: "perhaps some comments will inspire you..." Really? How in the heck is a comment from a stranger that says nothing going to inspire me? This was my initial reaction. Think about it, it's true...no inspiration can come from a comment-less comment.

First of all, I've no idea who anonymous is. I'm sure there is a way that I could go and find out who was reading and posted on my blog at that time, but I've no idea how to do that. Of course the mystery is intriguing and makes a girl wonder...it even drives some crazy. Then I got to thinking that this comment actually did cause some inspiration. I'm blogging about the comment. Awesome. Tricky, tricky, tricky. So, well done anonymous. I won't find you out so you can keep your mystery...but well played sir (or ma'am)! Well played!

3 comments:

kellie said...

Maybe comments from fortune cookies may be more inspiring either that or an eight ball. Those are the two things that are used to make all of life's important decisions. Granted I would like a human eight ball like Dr. Kelso, that would be the most helpful. But the fortunes and the eight ball have yet to fail me. "should I blog?" "Confucious says that your lucky number are 14 6 72 61."

Lori said...

Interesting. A comment-less comment. I see these all the time on blogs of the shall we call them "scrapbookie variety". They are often filled with words like "cute" or phrases of "oh wow" that really add no meaning or actuall comment on the hilarity displayed on the blog. I hate them with a passion.

courtney said...

Speaking of unsolicited comments--some guy commented on my sister's blog last week about the game she was blogging about, saying that he was a games seller and basically extolling the many virtues of the dice game farkel and encouraging all readers to give it a try. It was a like he had posted a Farkel pamphlet. It was RIDICULOUSLY funny, especially because his profile picture looked like a middle-aged cop.