Saturday, February 10, 2007

I Got No Skill

So, Tony Mercer, the hottest guy in the ward, organized a pool tournament. How fun! I exclaimed. There is a pool table in the institute; however, I always forget it is there so I never play. One would think that a girl that took a billiards class in college and has a pool table in the basement of her parents' house would be able to hold her own. Yep, I thought the same thing. But as it turns out, I'm really not good. I guess if I were to practice and play more often, I'd be a pro--I find this to be true with most things that I claim I do.

Well, I signed up under the assumption that I could probably do an okay job and make it at least to the second round. The roster was released. I was scheduled to play Dallas. I love Dallas! Hurray! This will be fun because I'll get to spend quality time with Dallas and get the inside scoop on his current dating life. Such a cute couple he and Ashley make.

So, today was the big game. You may remember from a previous post: I'm a gimp therefore I blog, that I'm currently injured. Yes, that was a few weeks ago. Think what you want about my wimpiness. However, I got my x-rays and went back to the chiropractor. The prognosis: my neck is insanely out of alignment and I started traction on my neck to try and fix it. Well, starting yesterday my shoulder began to hurt! Awesome! I'm totally falling apart.

I iced up all night and morning in preparation for the big game. So, Dallas shows up and we rack up the balls. He breaks, none go in. I get the first ball in. Not bad, I'm thinking. I may actually proof to be a worthy opponent. My confidence soon got the better of me and I lost the first game. We rack up the balls again. My turn to break. I miss a direct hit on the cue causing it to go around the triangle of balls at a speedy snail's pace. This was the beginning of the end for me. Not really the beginning since I already lost and was not getting any better. It was just another mid-point of the horrible game I played. So, no surprises when Dallas won again. Game over. I'm out of the tournament.

So, being out of the tournament sucks, but whatever, I'll survive. The thing that sucks is the limited amount of gossip I was able to gather from Dallas. Again, I cracked under pressure. It's almost like I pulled an Alisa (like pulling a Monica--think about it, you get it).

For future reference I should really start practicing my pool game if I wish to enter anymore tournaments.

No comments: