Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pop! Goes my Heart



Watching Hugh Grant sing and dance 80's style has always been a life long dream of mine. As of tonight, I can die a happy woman.

Such a great Valentine's Day for me. Yes, work was work blah blah blah. However, I did pass my review. My boss was actually really nice and positive. In fact, he may have even said that I was doing a great job! How wonderful is that? So, that was good. Unfortunately, it was still only Wednesday today and this horrifically long week is still going on.

I bought two bunches of daffodils and took the bus up to Richmond. Vicky and Sarah were my dates for Valentine's. It was awesome. Plus they are such great dates. We had Panda Express. Now, I hadn't had Panda Express for so long. One of the greatest things about living in the bay area is the food. There is so much good food and no chains! I love it! I really do. However, for some odd reason that I can't explain...I sometimes crave really crappy chain food--like Panda Express. So, I was super happy about the dinner selection. It was unfulfilling cheap Chinese food, and I loved every bite of it.

Then we were off to the movie. If I were to ever write a screen play, I would start it off with a wonderfully cliche 80s music video. So, you can only imagine my surprise and delight when this movie started just like that! Hurray! Two dreams fulfilled similtaneously. Could this really be happening? The movie just got better from there. Yes, it was a very predictable plotless chick flick...but it was splendid. I just love that Drew Barrymore, she's absolutely adorable. And that Hugh Grant is so dreamy with that British accent. If only all men had British accents.

After much analysis and reflection, I'm definitely going to have to mark this Valentine's Day as the best ever! Bearing in mind that my memory doesn't go back to last year's Valentine's, let alone any previous year, I do hope I remember this one forever!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I loved this movie! I am very glad that you decided to blog about it!

POP! Goes my Heart!