Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Slammed and Bored

Have you ever noticed how boring it can be when you are completely slammed at work? Yes, "slammed" is very subjective. One possibility: frantically working to complete a number of tasks with pressing and urgent deadlines in order to appease your boss or an authority figure. At those times, it is difficult to be bored because you've barely got time to breath. The "slammed" I'm referring to here is the boredom derived from the exponentially growing task list. There will always be a ton to do. There will always be deadlines and goals I'm to accomplish. However, none of these facts can change the notion that I'm bored with it all and can't handle being overwhelmed anymore.

Amy emailed me today and got me thinking about this. Today started as a "slammed" task oriented day with a large project that needed to be done before 3 PM EST (I hate that by the way--just because I live in CA I'm deprived of precious work hours). It has since turned into a "slammed and bored" day. There is no end in sight. I will always have way too much to do and way too many things being overlooked because they aren't as important. Serenity Now!

5 comments:

my name is amy said...

yay! another blog mention. I'm so influential in your life. I'm reading your blog to julie. now you're influencing others' lives...what a beautiful cycle...

leslaz said...

You are inflating amy's head with blog mentions. please desist. I can no longer see the plant poster behind her when she sits at her desk and it's startling.

thank you.

my name is amy said...

please ignore leslaz's comment. I've lowered my desk chair so my inflated head is no longer obstructing her view of the plant poster. I don't care if my head inflates until I'm forced to give up my chair altogether and sit on the floor-blog mentions are worth it.

leslaz said...

Do you see what I am working with? Do you see? Prima donna botanist for sure. Le Sigh. We shall have to dig a hole under her desk for her itty bitty body to sit in while her head LOOMs above. And supports. There are going to have to be supports attached to her ears to prevent wobbling. Buttresses. Yes. That is what will be required. Buttresses.

The havoc. The wobbling head havoc.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

my name is amy said...

once again, please ignore leslaz. I cannot help her jealous rage at my blog metions. perhaps if you gave her a little shout out, just enough to create a little head wobbling, she'd at least be willing to cushion the buttresses against my ears.