Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Grand Scheme

Stolen directly from Leslie's blog, I'd like to incorporate this into my repetoire of hilarious things I say. (Note: you will need to click on the link to Leslie's blog if you want to know about the Grand Scheme).

Courtney and I are the funniest people in the Berkeley student ward. There are other funny people, but we are the funniest. Gnu likes to add "self-proclaimed" in there, but no one is competing for this title--they all know they don't have a chance. Now, we are hilarious girls, but we are far from the funniest ever in the whole universe. Luckily for us, we came into the ward at a relatively dry time and were quickly the funniest and have been able to hold our title while other funnies have joined. Anyway, we have recently discovered (side note: she's probably going to get mad at me for stealing this blog topic, since I can imagine her writing up a doozy on the topic) that a large percentage of our jokes are covers. We have some Baker/Forester originals that we do really well, but some of our best jokes are covers. (Meaning they are our version of other jokes we've heard or seen--some classics, others obscure, think Free Bird).

As Amy can attest to (she has no blog or I would link to it, instead I choose to link to this: Iheartamy), I have an uncanny ability to make references to pop culture particularly television shows and movies of the "chick" variety. There is a gold mine of jokes that are easy to cover in both of these mediums. Courtney remembers everything thus adding to our possibilities.

Now, don't think that because we do covers, we aren't originally funny because we are...plenty of covers are easily better than their originals. I'm just saying that the fact that we have covers and Baker/Forester originals adds to our diversity and credibility as the funniest in the ward, Gnu. Anyway, I'm definitely going to add the grand scheme into the repetoire. I don't know when. I don't know how. But I know someday it'll happen.

3 comments:

iamerica said...

You came to the ward in a "dry time"??? A dry time??

Listen missy, you may NOW be the funniest, but only because I have stepped off the throne to bestow my humor on the grand city of chicago ;)

my name is amy said...

I love the "Iheartamy"!! thank you!

courtney said...

i am, indeed, super mad. but at least i finally have a publication to reference when i refer to myself as one of the two funniest people in the ward.