Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Let's talk about me, baby. Part I

I've seen these lists going around on several of my friend's blogs lately. H, I've seen it on stranger's blogs, I just haven't read it because they aren't as entertaining if you don't know the person...I digress. I was obviously hesitant at first because 100 interesting factoids is a lot. But since I like to talk about myself and can easily type as I think up stuff--just as Natalie can attest to--I'm sure I'll be able to create a great list for you all. So, in no particular order and without further adew, I bring you 100 interesting facts about yours truly that you may or may have not already known. Keep in mind these go from shallow to deep and back again, and I could probably write an entire blog entry about each and every one (I won't though.)

1. I don't care for ice cream. I'd much rather eat cakes and cookies.
2. Apples are my favorite fruit. Honey crisp apples make me so happy.
3. I have an iPod that I never ever use.
4. Some days I know exactly what I want and then the next day I want something completely contradictory. I actually want both but know that will never be possible (e.g. stay single forever and be married).
5. I love being around friends. We don't have to be doing anything. I just love to sit around and chat. In fact, I prefer this to being all alone (although there is a season for everything).
6. I love all of my nieces and nephews and love returning them to their parents when they have dirty diapers or have eaten (this comment refers to the boys).
7. I love the sensation of dead arm when I wake up. How on earth can my pillow weigh so much?
8. I hate my laugh. It is loud and I can't control it.
9. I love laughing. Especially when it makes me cry and my stomach starts hurting. And love it the most when I have to run from the room to the bathroom so I don't pee my pants.
10. Sometimes I wish I could quit my job and open up a bakery that is only open at night time (that's the best time for cupcakes). However, I fear being a small business owner because all the business stuff is a lot of work. Yes, I majored in business. Oh and all of my recipes are stolen from the Barefoot Contessa. So this is a silly plan.
11. I love fresh flowers...I love solid vibrant colors.
12. I love to dance. (Said in the Sarah Jessica Parker Girls Just Want to Have Fun voice)
13. I love movies.
14. I love ABC Family movies and pray that one day I'll be able to buy them on DVD so I can watch them all the time. Especially This Time Around.
15. I get obsessed with albums and will listen to them over and over again until I'm sick or them or find something else. Then I rarely come back to them once I've moved on. It takes me a lot longer to get sick of an album then most people.
16. I love getting non-work emails from friends.
17. I enjoy writing stories rather than telling them even though it takes a lot longer and is sometimes more confusing.
18. I love shoes.
19. I told all of my sisters that I was the favorite and then told my parents and I've gotten the entire family to believe me and act accordingly. Now I really am the favorite.
20. I love my little sister even though everyone (my mom) thinks I was mad she took my "baby" status from me. I'm glad I'm not the baby.
21. I love how different all of my sisters are from me.
22. I love listening to people tell stories.
23. I'm not that great at listening and remembering.
24. I said I contradict myself sometimes.
25. Water is my favorite beverage. I seriously love it more than anything else and always order it at restaurants even though it makes the server mad because it is free.
26. I tip well even when the server doesn't deserve it. I could probably count the number of times that I was so annoyed that I didn't tip well. It's not a lot.
27. I really enjoyed being a server and a bar tender. I sometimes think that I should quit my job and work at a hoity toity restaurant in san francisco and sleep in every morning...then I remember I don't get weekends off and I have to be nice to everyone.
28. I love not having to do my hair.
29. I wish I was better at wearing make up. Some people can make thier eyes looks so cool. When I try I feel like I have a ton of make up on and that I'm playing dress up.
30. Getting emails from Natalie and Amy still makes me happy...every single time. Because I know they will be long and full of inconsequential tidbits that we can analyze.
31. I love discovering lost acquaintences in the blogosphere. A couple of weeks ago I found this kid that was my fhe dad at Utah State for like a semester before he transferred to BYU...I've since lost where I tracked the blog down and hope to run into it again.
32. I love sleep and have no idea why I always stay up too late thus causing me to get less sleep than I would love.
33. I love obvious dating/realtionship/health/life lesson articles on MSN and Yahoo. If you've ever read them you totally know what I'm talking about.
34. I love reading the news on my phone on the bus ride home when I'm avoiding studying.
35. I hate sitting next to strangers on buses and airplanes. I think as small as possible and avoid contact as much as possible.
36. I love my freckles...and I'm super glad that Abbie has adorable freckles too.
37. I'm obsessed with sunblock. I hate getting sun burns and will put on SPF 50 numerous times in an outing.
38. I feel stupid when I do get sun burnt.
39. I love getting more freckles though. I also love when I've been out in the sun and they are brighter than normal.
40. I love that the freckles on my legs camoflouge the leg hair thus allowing me to go bare legged when I really shouldn't because the leg hair is quite long.
41. I love making up nicknames.
42. I could watch any episode of Gilmore Girls with my mom in her monstrous bed any time and still love it.
43. When watching the Gilmore Girl episodes by season numerous time, I'm a little sad every time it gets to the end because I don't want it to end.
44. Full seasons of television shows on DVD is the greatest invention ever.
45. I love to read on the bus and am anxiously awaiting the end of the perma-studying because there are so many books I want to read.
46. I can never decide what I want for Christmas or my birthday until it is right upon me.
47. I love my birthday more than any other day in the entire year.
48. I only eat kid cereals. Adult cereals gross me out.
49. I have a tendency to create awkward moments or make semi-awkward moments even worse.
50. I have grown to love the awkward. They make for excellent stories.

Due to #32 I'm going to have to go to bed. I'm super sleepy and I've got a busy and early day tomorrow morning. I'll finish this list later.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i started top 100 list about myself like 2 months ago. I think i only got to number 20 before I got bored with myself and needed to rest. I will work on it again and post some in th near future.

these are very good by the way! Shallow to deep and back again...i like that!

Amanda said...

50 Reasons why I love my little sister!!!

courtney said...

you're cute.