Friday, March 02, 2007

I don't want to brag...but

I am amazing!!

Who am I kidding, of course I want to brag! I love talking about myself. So, today in just a few short hours we are going to Tahoe for the weekend. It'll be super fun. I'm sure I'll have lots to report from the trip.

My super-organized roommate assigned everyone meals so we can freely eat without having to worry about anything but our assignment. Well, she assigned me for tomorrow night's dinner with her and our buddy Amy (third shout out to my friend Amy is absolutely fabulous--you should all meet her). Well, Courtney made lasagne, Amy is bringing salad and I'm in charge of dessert. I love dessert. I thought long and hard about what to make. We are feeding 15, and I didn't want to have to bake a lot up there. Therefore, the dessert had to be something I could make beforehand that would stay fresh for two days....cheesecake! Yum!

I made two cheesecakes, hence me being absolutely amazing and wonderful. I'm surprised some lucky guy hasn't snatched me right up. Check out how delicious they look--too bad you aren't coming to Tahoe or you could eat these with me. The one on the right that seems to be splitting down the middle (I don't know what happened) is a chocolate marble cheescake and the one on the left is a berry cheesecake. Both are delicious. I'm thinking of making a chocolate ganache for the marble one and a berry compote for the other, what do you think?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are fabulous! Those look fabulous! Yum, i am hungry now!

leslaz said...

um, yum. oh my cheesecake loveliness. Make these again and make amy invite me to come to where they (and, by virtue, you) are.

woot!