Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Hiking We Will Go

I woke up really early on Saturday to spend the majority of the day staring at this:



Don't get me wrong, Gnu's got a great little toosh, and I'm sure his adorable fiance Whitney loves it. However, it was really early on the start of a super long day. We went up hiking near Pt. Reyes. If you haven't been there, go, it's gorgeous. I bet Gnu would even join you if you want to stare at his toosh all day!

Hiking along the coast line made me super glad that I live in California. Sure I had gorgeous mountains in Utah, but they weren't right next to the ocean.



We hiked up a really steep hill that reminded me that I'm not as fit as I once was and even made me consider passing out along the trail thus missing my opportunity to see this:



You may notice that I am still out of breath in that picture and barely standing up. Thank you Amy for preventing me from falling to my death. I don't think I fully recovered until I was down at the beach.



and able to jump this high:



Thank you Gnu for my first ever jumping picture. I'm really proud that you were able to get it on the first try when I used about 35 pictures to get you jumping--at least you aren't in the film era anymore, right?



I got some well needed rest eating lunch on the beach and was ready to book it the 5.5 miles back to the car in order to get home in time to shower for Courtney's graduation dinner at the Gingerbread House.

It didn't take me long on the 5.5 miles back to the car to realize how stupid we were to keep hiking past our original 4 mile turnaround point. The out-of-shape factor was definitely starting to play a bigger role in my tired level. With the help of adorable new girl Tori, I was able to make it back to the car with 0 seconds to spare. Gnu and I jumped in, pawned off our carpoolers on other people and headed for dinner. (Home to shower first and then dinner--yes, I showered and got ready in about 10 minutes, I'm amazing!)



Ever since Courtney and I first discovered this little gem by the freeway on our way to the tube to Alameda, we have often wondered what it would be like to actually eat there. Courtney's graduation was as good an excuse as any...and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. I do hope that Courtney blogs about it because she has all of the pictures. It was definitely an experience.

True to form of late, last Saturday was exhausting. I miss the good ol' days where I could sleep in until 11 and then watch an ABC Family movie marathon all day. When did I sign up for this event filled lifestyle? It's fantastic.

2 comments:

Kam said...

That place looks awesome. I hear it's simply amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys made it to Point Reyes! I'm so proud of you! I love that place! And now you guys are taking jumping pics now too! Amazing!