Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stealing the Show

As many of you may recall, Courtney and I began serious rehearsal of the Air Supply classic, Making Love out of Nothing at all, several weeks ago. I told you all that we were trying to perfect it for open mic night or other such opportunities to showcase our talent. Well, to be quite honest, I wasn't planning on ever letting a performance of that song leave the apartment. Much to my surprise, Courntey was. Last night at acoustic night at the institute, we held nothing back and performed our best to date performance of the Air Supply classic.



We moved many in the audience to join in and sing the chorus. Look at the smiles of happiness and glee from those who could witness the spectacle.



Now, to be completely honest, it was mortifying. I don't sing in public and I'm pretty sure Air Supply is the only band that could inspire me to do so ever again. We did fall apart a little at the end when I couldn't control my giggling when I was supposed to be doing the "Making Loves" but we were able to pull it together and finish on a very lovely "Out of nothing at all."

Even better were the not so subtle promptings to join the choir that were focused in my direction all day at church. Sorry Mackenzie, I don't do the choir. I'm going to go ahead and hide that "talent" under a bush. We'll save the choir for the real singers.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe you sang in public. I won't do such a thing. Air supply or not.

Renee said...

Hooray for air supply! Hooray for singing in public! And hooray for making love (or fools out of ourselves...take your pick)!!

Natalie said...

LOL! I love that you sang in public! Although, I fear that these people are laughing at you, not with you!

alisa said...

natalie--they were laughing with me. i could hardly sing i was laughing so hard. jerk!

kellie said...

Oh why oh why was that not recorded and placed on youtube? My life cannot be complete until I hear your rendition.