Monday, April 09, 2007

Alameda Bike Gang

Ever since I moved to Alameda and true to my "joiner" personality, Courtney and I have been recruiting people to be in our Alameda bike gang. Sarah was the only person truly excited about the gang and thus became our first recruit. (I'm super sad she's leaving us in a couple of month--the gang won't be the same without you.) I don't actually have a bike so I couldn't go out on any outings. This being said, I was still a vital player in the gang. Well, we successfully recruited Gnu and The Black Pearl into the gang. Awesome!

While Courtney was out of town, I rode her bike and when Gnu left his bike at our house, I rode his. Besides the obvious fact that I hadn't written a bike in a long time and crashed into the fence, riding a bike is fun. Plus, Gnu said I couldn't be in the gang without a bike. A Razor Scooter, a long board, roller skates, Hover board, red wagon: none of this would do, it had to be a bike. I'm therefore in the market for a beach cruiser. How sweet would I look on this beauty?

3 comments:

courtney said...

The pink is nice, but I think you should get a red one so we can call it "The Crimson Wave".

alisa said...

Awesome. Think how great it would be to surf the crimson wave all the time! Just what I always wanted. Thanks for the brilliant idea Courtney.

Amanda said...

Alisa,
Didn't you totally have one of those when you were 8? I think we had to share it or something. . .? Dad may still have it in the garage. Do you want me to give him a call?