Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Heart Clubs

If you were to describe me to someone else, I hope you would say something like this: Alisa? Let's see. She has brown hair and freckles. She's funny. And she's a joiner. That's right, I am a joiner. If there is a group of people that I can follow around and join, I'm there. Sign me up.

In fact, I joined a club today. The French Dip Day club. My sister Kellie has a friend from college named Cindy who writes a wonderful blog. She instigated that the first Tuesday of every month would be French Dip Day. Everyone was to eat a French Dip Sandwich for lunch, take a picure and then she would add the group to her blog.

What a brilliant idea! I love French Dip. So, I actually left my office today during lunch and went to Quizno's (the recommended French Dip sandwich place) and ordered myself a sandwich. I got back to my office, realized I didn't have a camera and couldn't document the event, but ate my sandwich nonetheless. I left a comment on Cindy's page saying I did eat a French Dip sandwich and hoped I could still be in the club without photographic proof. She let me in just because I participated in the joy of the day! I was so happy. I'm still so happy! Hurray. I'm in a new club.

If I remember I'll send out a reminder when French Dip Day comes again in May. You can all join too.

No comments: