Monday, April 02, 2007

Tiny Dancer



Today on the bus I saw a man who looked just like Jason Lee in Almost Famous. As I sat there staring at him, I was tempted to break out into the Elton John classic, Tiny Dancer, but felt the power of the moment would be lost on my fellow commuters. Rather than allowing us to let go and forget about our problems while we grew tighter and stronger as a group, I fear my singing would have ostracized myself forcing me to find a new method of transportation every morning.

Has the world really come to a point when we can no longer sing in unison with strangers on the bus? I wonder what Isaiah would have said about this when he foresaw our generation.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Alisa - I'm not going to lie - Jason Lee in Almost Famous gets me hot. I luff him, like others love a sweaty Brad Pitt.
That scene makes me smile and love that song every time I see the movie or hear that song. I feel you sister. I would've been singing at least a little under my breath.

leslaz said...

If I had been on the bus with you, I would have sang Tiny Dancer with you. Easy to say since I know you, I suppose, but I daresay that if you had broke into song, I would have joined even if I had never seen you before. But that's me.

One time, there were REALLY cranky people on the M Muni train, and one man started yelling at this old woman (old woman!) who was in his way of exiting the train. After the doors closed, the crowded train had this awkward, shocked silence. Then this really tall man started to sing Celebration really loud, and everyone gave a relieved chuckle. no joke.

We should ride mass transit together.