Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Celibate and the City

We've started a brunch group that we dedicate to talking about boys, boobs and books. Yes, we talk about other stuff too, but the alliteration was so nice there. Similar to the once popular television show on HBO, we sit around and discuss our lives over brunch on Saturdays. It seems like forever since I've actually been able to attend brunch, but I do love the idea of having a brunch group and look forward to getting back in the swing of things next weekend. Plus, my list of places I want to go keeps getting bigger.

Luckily for the people that know us, (us is referring to Erica, Sarah, Courtney and me) we aren't at all particular about who comes to brunch with us. I personally love it when Amy comes. We even had our home teachers join us one week since they home taught all of us. It was fun. We went to Tillie's which wasn't fun. On a bad restaurant but good company brunch we even let Gnu Bret come. He dressed up in leather and his motorcycle helmet...it was hot. Then he took off his helmet and we all hoped that he would shake his head about to release his hair, but he was bald. Oh wait...this wasn't Gnu Bret. This was the guy that walked into the diner with his helmet still on that we wished was Gnu Bret. Gnu Bret showed up later with his favorite Palomino sweatshirt and a smile on.

Here's Courtney and Erica engrossed in conversation about starving children in Uganda. Note: Courtney is wearing her favorite t-shirt that she's had since she was about 5 years old. You can't even see the blue flowers on it.



I was obviously taking the pictures so you won't see me at brunch. Here's Gnu Bret apparently bored with the lack of girl talk going on today over our breakfast food.



So bored, in fact, he was forced to entertain himself.



We look a little bit closer and learn that Gnu Bret is spitting his ice back into his cup with actual saliva coming out of his mouth as well. Yuck! Boys are so gross.



Well ladies, brunch is definitely back on a week from Saturday. I can't hardly wait for the event. Where should we go?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are gross for taking this picture and posting in on your blog! Don't blame gnu bret!

courtney said...

I feel like I would be remiss if I didn't give credit to Renee and her LA1st friends for coining the tag "Celibate and the City." Keepin' it real, ladies.

And yes, I've had this thermal shirt since 1990 and it still fits. Or should I say it's grown with me...either way, it's a miracle garment and I'd like to give a shout out to the good folks at Sports Chalet in Azusa for making our love affair a reality.