Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Walmart Land

A while back I flew over to Arkansas to visit my sister, the twins and my bro-in-law in the thriving metropolis of Bentonville, Arkansas. Besides the fact that flying is basically the most horrible thing in the world, I actually had a really great time. I'm so glad they were super patient with me and took me to the airport twice and dealt with the weather issues with me.

Here's Spencer and the car seats in Amanda's awesome new mini-van! Woo-hooo, Amanda drives a mini-van.

We went to lunch at a great little pizza joint...sat by the door, bad idea, it was freezing. Jack and Annie were as cute as ever. I even got a tour of The Walmart. They let me in. I tricked Spencer into thinking I was going to go for an interview. He totally fell for it. Such a glamorous office. I totally wish I would have taken pictures, but they've got to protect their investments and not let any trade secrets out.

Amanda then took me on a tour of downtown Bentonville. I believe that this was the only store front in downtown that still had a store there. Unfortunately it was Monday, a holiday, and closed. This is the Walmart Museum. We didn't get out of the car because it was cold, freezing cold.

Amanda drove me safely to the airport the next day. It was awesome. Not really awesome. But there was only one lane open because the other lane was two inches higher and a sheet of ice. Snow is much cooler than ice!

Thanks for letting me come stay Millerbergs! It was super fun.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You figured out how to put pictures sucessfully! Looks great! You should blog about your trip to Phoenix now.

alisa said...

my trip to phoenix was forever ago. plus, nothing exciting happened.
everyone: i went to phoenix in january. my flight out got cancelled and i stayed an extra night with hot dr. ryan and his cute wife lindsey. i had to rent a car and all they had left was a fancy suv with heated seats. so, apart from wasting gas for a day, i had a super happy toasty butt. the end.

alisa said...

oh, and thanks for teaching me how to fix the pictures natalie. you're so nice!