Wednesday, March 21, 2007

We went to Pixar

So, I'm not really in a funny mood because I'm tired and can't really be funny all of the time. Plus, I've so many pictures that I've taken lately that I just need to post and blog about. Therefore, since there is no CW and Gilmore Girls in Hawaii, I'm using my time to finally update some stuff in the blog.

In the Berkeley student ward, there are basically four classifications of people. 1) the students--these are mostly Cal students and mostly undergraduate but a few other schools and grad students make the list as well. 2) the chemists--these are the Cal chemistry doctorate students (yes they get their own number because of the sheer number of them). 3) the accountants--these are working professionals that live in East Bay and do taxes. And 4) the Pixar folks--these are the lucky few who get to work at Pixar studios in Emeryville. For the most part these classifications include everyone in the ward with the exception of me and Amy. We're special!

Anyway, because I've got connections, we were able to go on a tour of Pixar studios. It was awesome. And I've basically been canvassing their web page weekly for job openings. Think about it. I could go shopping while I was at work every day.



Now, I'd love to go into detail on the tour and tell you exactly what I learned, but I've somehow managed to misplace all of the facts of the day in my large brain. So, I'm going off of the pictures that I found on my camera. This is all of us at the start of the tour. Sully was such a great tour guide. He told us jokes and tried to make us laugh. He's no Mike, but we still had to laugh because he's quite big and we all feared for our life. Courtney and Amy were there too, not sure why they aren't in the picture though.



Sully took us on a great tour. We learned a lot and were all super grateful. This is how Courtney, Gnu Bret and I each showed our appreciation.





Oh and they have free soda and a cereal bar. Yes, folks that is correct. Free cereal all day, everyday! Plus, you can work off the extra calories playing badminton, air hockey, ping pong, pool or video games. Best job ever!

Thanks Emma and Jake and Pixar. It was fantastic!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Instead of hugging, you should have stood next to that blue blob and held his hand??!!